Now you should know that I'm a New Mexikid and back in Albuquerque we never had to deal with crazy winter storms like the pending snowpocalypse that everyone's concerned about.
I knew we were expecting some weather and I expected it to be pretty bad but as people started talking about all the things they are doing in advance of the storm I realized I was ill prepared for even a little freezing drizzle.
So I started asking around at work about what I should be doing. I had no clue I needed to leave the water dripping in the faucets or I should be stocked up on bottled water. In fact, as they were telling telling me the horror stories of the ice storm in 2001, I thought about the empty fridge and cupboards at home and how I would have no way to eat my Lean Cuisines if the power went out.
As much as I hated the thought of fighting people for the last case of Ramen at United, I ventured out to the grocery store and stocked up on just a handful of essentials but this is a list I started for fun while I was at work. I could use your help finishing. Feel free to be creative/funny/whatever...
Winter Weather Preparedness List
- Flashlight (a real one! not your cell phone!)
- Candles (lavender-scented to calm you down while your pipes burst)
- Sandwich supplies
- Meat (ham, turkey, bologna, etc.)
- Pasteurized cheese product
- Condiments (mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, peanut butter)
- A paper book (sadly, I have to specify paper so you don't run your iPad battery down leafing through Pride and Prejudice)
- A few large cases of Dasani water (enough to take a bath in)
What would you add to the list?