Hey all, it's been a little while since I've talked about it but we are still working toward our goal of $250.00 to support the work of Soles4Souls.
Here's a quick rundown of what Soles4Souls is all about...
- Soles4Souls has a simple mission: Changing the world, one pair at a time.
- They accomplish this based out of their Nashville warehouses and distribute shoes to children and families around the world who need them most. They've delivered shoes globally in over 125 countries, including the United States and Japan.
- They do it efficiently and cost-effectively. The warehouses are currently distributing shoes at a rate of one pair every 7 seconds and they do this efficiently enough so that for every dollar you donate you are helping send out one pair of shoes. $1 = one pair
- They're a solid 501(c)(3) charity recognized by the IRS. Donations are eligible for tax advantages.
Now here's why I believe in donating to their cause...
- It's selfless. You don't have to buy a pair of shoes to give a pair. You don't get a special t-shirt. You get to give. And that should be enough.
- It's cheap. Let's be honest, we all spend way too much on our coffee. Or tea. Or eating out. Or dessert. There are plenty of ways to spend 5 bucks. Or $10. You could cut any one of these out for a day or two to afford that. Or a week and you could afford a $25 donation. Or whatever amount with which you're comfortable.
- It's a good cause. Here's why: Over 300 million children worldwide are without shoes. Shoes are a basic necessity that help the spread of parasitic diseases. In developing countries, shoes are a required part of the school uniform and, without shoes, many children are unable to attend. Unfortunately, in many countries having a pair of shoes is a rarity and there's no reason that I should have 6 pairs to choose from in my closet while others have none.
So I sincerely hope you consider donating. I'm sorry for berating you over the head with this stuff. I hope you can at least see that this means a lot to me and you might consider taking part in what I want to accomplish through this blog.
Thanks for reading.
You can donate here: www.soles4soulsfundraising.org/FollowEric