This morning did not start as expected.
Even though it's my day off, I completely intended to wake up at 6 a.m. just like a normal work day. When I finally woke up this morning, I knew I had missed my alarm. I was worried that it might be after 8, maybe even 9 a.m.
I was wrong.
It was fast approaching 11 a.m. by the time I got up out of bed. I wanted to be upset that I had wasted an entire morning. I had plans to get up, go to the cafe, work on some writing and finish a few errands all before lunchtime. I wanted to be upset but...
It felt so good to sleep in.
I'm used to the early morning routine and I'll resume it tomorrow morning but it just felt to good to sleep until my body was ready to get out of bed.
Of course, it didn't mean I was off the hook for all the errands I had for the day but somehow things still worked out and I got quite a bit done. In fact, more than I expected. And definitely more than Lyndsay expected...
Things I Accomplished Today
1. Met with Lyndsay for lunch. Sat down for some Chick-fil-A. Used a coupon for a free spicy chicken sandwich.
2. Got some dessert. I took Lyndsay for a cookie from Katy's Pantry. I got an iced summer breeze from Davinci's.
3. Paid some bills. It was more complicated than it sounds and it was a big relief for me to get it done.
4. Got a gym membership. I started up at Finer Physiques again. They have a smoothie bar now which is new from when I had a membership before. I may try one once in awhile but mostly I'm just there for the cardio area.
5. Made a trip to the Enid News & Eagle offices. Dropped off some photos for an article. Be sure to check out the next E-Town Magazine for my debut!
There was also a long and complicated discussion on being productive in which I directly challenged Lyndsay to find something that could be accomplished today. After a lengthy argument and much unnecessary prodding of my own, we settled on a trip to the library.
So besides my many accomplishments of the day, Lyndsay added some of her own including renewing her expired library card and checking out two new books. I added the extra challenge to both start and finish the books by week's end. She's a speed reader so I'm sure she'll have no problem doing so but that's not the point. She doesn't know the point either but that's half the fun.
I'll leave you with the intentionally ambiguous question I issued Lyndsay. The question is...
What is it that you would like to accomplish? Today? This week? Month? In general?
I still completely expect Lyndsay to answer eventually but would love to hear some of your own answers as well.
I also challenged myself to do what I meant to do this morning had I woken up at 6 a.m. and that was to write a blog.