It's the end of week one of the 505 Project's challenge to shop local for 30 days.
It's actually been really fun so far. I've visited so many places I otherwise might not have otherwise considered and purchased items I probably never would have normally come across.
Here were some of my finds this week.
1. Found this small piece of art at Peacecraft by an artist who painted a series of scenes from around Nob Hill. This one captures the stretch of Central that includes Flying Star Cafe.
2. After saving a little gas money by taking the bus for National Dump the Pump Day, I splurged on this Venti Caramel Latte from Java Joe's. Absolutely worth all twenty ounces.
3. During the third ABQ CashMob event at Birdland, I snagged a pair of sunglasses for my sister who tagged along for the ride.
4. This Reuben Sandwich was my pre-CashMob meal from Kelly's Brew Pub.
5. My very first meal from The Zingaro food truck: a Frito Pie Bacon Burger.
6. Found these at the Northeast Farmers' and Artisans' Market on the Albuquerque Academy campus. I'm especially intrigued by the sweet heat chocolate chili biscotti I scored from the Shure Bakehouse based out of Santa Fe.
7. Another find at the market. I needed something to help the burn I got on my lips from camping out at Chick-fil-a so they recommended the Healing Lip Balm. It really helped!
8. This delightful feast was courtesy of the San Pedro Food Mart. I had been seeing Middle Eastern food on TV that week so my friends took me out for my first taste of shawarma. So good! I'll definitely be back for more.
It's been a great start to the 30-day challenge and I'm excited for all the finds I'm sure to come across in the upcoming weeks.
For more information on the 505 Project, check out 505project.com.